How to become a freelancer without any experience?
There has been a drastic change in the world of earning and working. Freelancing has become a new trend in the case of earning. If you have a skill that can be sold but have no experience, this is for you.
What is Freelancing?
Freelancing is the type of self-employment where you can freely work with different companies in the skill that you are most versed in.
Freelancing gives you the liberty to choose what type of work you want and what type of task you want to decline. It gives you the option to work with the people that meet your needs.
Freelancing also gives you control over your hours.
Types of Digital Freelancing:
There are many types of freelancing jobs you can choose from. Here is the list of the few options available digitally:
Choosing the Right Job:
- Freelance Writer – Many companies are looking for people that have an excellent grip in the language of their preference (English is the main one) and create content for different avenues (e.g. product description, social media post captions, article writing, etc.)
- Freelance Graphic Designer – Graphic designers are very high in demand. The job of crafting breath-taking visuals is not an easy task.
- Freelance Web Developer – Web developers are in extreme need in our life. Every company needs a website to increase its digital presence and increase sales. Being a freelance web developer gives you amazing opportunities to work with companies.
- Freelance Digital Marketer – As a freelance digital marketer, your job is simple. Companies need digital marketers to grab an audience and convert them into paying customers through marketing them the company’s products.
Freelancing may seem easy, but it needs and demands dedication and hard work from the worker. Choosing the freelancing path that you are good at and you are passionate about is the key to be successful in the long run and avoid burnout.
How to Get Started In Freelancing Without Any Experience:
Everyone has to start somewhere. You gain experience when you get some opportunities. Here are some tips that will help you navigate and start your freelancing career:
- Create your samples – You can start making your samples to present to clients if you don’t have anything is done or other clients. This helps you to create trust in the client that you do have something to give, even if you have not done any projects with others.
- Find Free/ low paying opportunities – It can be hard to dedicate so much energy to a project and get so little in return but do remember that you need to start from somewhere. Picking internship work or low paying work can help you to create a portfolio for new clients. Remember to give priority to experience first to create credibility.
- Find Facebook groups for your Niche – Searching for authentic groups can help you to network. Groups like these have potential employers and clients that are looking for people to work with. Mostly, these groups offer work to newbies, which can allow you to work with people, create trust, and make your portfolio.
- Reach out to companies/brands – It can be nerve-wracking to reach out to companies, but this can open windows for opportunities. Reaching out to them can allow them to talk to you and perhaps get you some work.
- Make a website/blog – The samples that you have created need to be showcased somewhere, and that somewhere can be your very own website or blog. Put out your most proficient samples, so whenever you get a client, they can see your samples and see what you are capable of.
- Network with other freelancers – Being in touch with people that are in the same boat as you can be very helpful. This can give you a link to discuss and understand where you can find clients.
- Charge Reasonably – Let’s be honest, people expect low rates from newbies. Make sure that your rates are within attainable reach so it can attract more customers, hence allowing you to get more work.
Freelancing can be an amazing opportunity for those who want to earn through their skills. If done smartly, it can be easy to get freelance work with little to no experience.