Are you interested in taking up a career as a freelancer? Have you been looking for ways you can go about it? And you are yet to find a major headway?
This blog post is for you. I want to show you how you can become a freelancer within 30 days! Yes, 30 days. Can you believe that?
One of the most adorable careers you can take up is freelancing. Have you ever wondered how exciting it is being your own boss and working the way you want?
That is not all, you get to choose your available time and you can work from any location across the globe without any barrier as long as you are connected to the internet.
Services Offered in Freelancing
There are different services you can offer as a freelancer. These are skills that you need to have before you can become successful as a freelancer.
The first step you need to take in your freelancing journey is to choose the service(s) you want to provide. This may be a skill you already have or you might need to learn any of your desired skills if you don’t have the required skill that can sell.
Some of the skills that sell excellently in freelancing include the following:
- Web development
- SEO writing
- Content writing
- UX development
- Graphic designing
- Virtual assistance
- Sales etc.
It is important to be an expert in the service you want to provide. You might not necessarily need to be a top professional before you begin, as long as you have a medium level of experience, you are good to go.
However, if you are not skilled in any of the services you wish to provide, then you should consider taking your time to first learn a skill. This is also possible within 30 days depending on the skill.
Building a Portfolio
Okay, so you are still on the lookout to become a freelancer within 30 days, and you have already decided on the service you want to offer. The next step is to build your portfolio.
One of the obstacles you will need to overcome in your journey as a beginner freelancer is getting your first job.
It is quite simple to wake up one day and decide to start a career in freelancing. However, the difficult part is having the right skills and being able to land your first job as a freelancer. This is why you need to build a portfolio in the first few days as you begin your journey.
This is because clients usually prefer to award their projects to freelancers that have the experience, most especially those that have handled a similar job in the past.
For instance, you have decided to offer a service as a writer, you need to build a portfolio if you do not have any experience or samples you can showcase as a writer. This will help you showcase your skills.
How to Create a Portfolio
There are several methods you can use to create your portfolio;
- Start a Personal Blog: This is excellent if you want to take up either content writing or blogging and others in this category. Your blog will help you showcase your skills and clients can easily trust you with their projects.
- Create Samples: If you are a Graphic Designer, Web Designer, or Writer, it is necessary to create some sample projects. These are projects you will use when you are pitching for that job of your choice.
- Volunteer for Free: One of the ways to get real experience is to volunteer to work for free for different organizations or online magazines. What do you get in return? A real experience that will help you to get big gigs as a freelancer.
Reach Out to Clients
You are shocked, right? How swift the process is.
The next step is to reach out to different clients by pitching for jobs. If you are wondering where you will get the clients, you don’t have to worry, there are several ways to get clients.
How to Reach Out to Clients?
- Freelancing Platforms (Upwork, Fiverr, Guru, etc.): This is the easiest method you can get out there. All you have to do is to sign up for the platforms and get approval. Set up your profile and portfolio, and then begin to pitch.
- Social Media Platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.): You can also get freelancing jobs on social media platforms by searching directly for threads or joining different groups.
- Through Google and Emails: Google is your friend, search for available jobs in your niche. You could also pitch by email to big organizations that might require your services.
That’s it!!! You previously thought it is impossible to become a freelancer in 30 days, right? I am sure you will take charge of your growth right now, do the needful and begin to earn while working as you please.