Interior Design is a magnificent profession with a decent payment. But there are several ways you can increase your revenue by branching out online.
The digital era has molded us to become more present on the internet. Learn tips and tricks to branch out to the internet, especially when you own a company. This is a guide on how to earn more money online as an interior designer.
Why does it online?
Almost everyone is online. People are logged into their Social media and use the internet for various reasons. These can be extremely useful if you want to branch out and create an online presence for your job or business.
People often find various resources on the internet. Most people don’t even know that they need or want a service until they have seen the advertisement or the website.
How to Do it?
There are many routes you can take. Pick the ones that resonate with you and pique your interest.
- Start a Blog – Starting a blog is a remarkable idea. It can be a place where you showcase your work, share your expert opinions and so much more. Having a blog can have extreme perks in advancing your name. People are interested in reading blogs to hear from the experts themselves. This can also help you get clients who can see your work and expertise and would like to be acquainted with you for their projects. Blogs can also earn you money. You can run ads on your blog site to get ad revenue from them.
- Online consultations – Online consultations can be a fast method to get clients. By providing the option to have an online consult, people at both ends can have a conversation through the comfort of their home. There are many options to provide online consultation. You can either use e-mail to communicate or use video chatting site like Skype or Zoom. Don’t forget to charge the time you spend on consultation. Keep a rate of consultation and disclose it beforehand so that the clients are well aware of what they are getting into.
- Start a Website – A website is a need if you have a business of your own. This website can be a place for you to advertise more of your work (e.g. a blog or online consultation). The website can be a place where you show your business. The website can work as an online portfolio for you to show the customers if they have any questions. You can also sell your services to form the website.
- Make a YouTube Channel – People like to see rather than read. Make your voice heard by making a YouTube video. This can be an amazing place for you to show your work and tell your story. A YouTube channel can help out to put your name out there; it is completely free and can help you earn money through the videos you upload. Y broadcasting yourself, you can also gain the trust of potential clients.
- Have a social media presence – Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are some of the top social media platforms. Having a digital presence is advertising you. Many companies sway people to become buying customers by having a strong social media presence.
- Get Sponsored – Getting sponsored by a company that is affiliated with your line of work (i.e. Interior Designing) can help you get that extra income. Not only will you get paid for the endorsement, but affiliating yourself with the company gets you a percentage of the earning that the company did from the product you sold.
- Create an e-book – Making an e-book has its benefits. You can sell them to the people that are interested in what you have to say. Show your work, show your potential, create an e-book out of it, and sell them on your social media.
- Work as a freelancer – Freelancing is self-employment. Become a freelancing Interior designer and get projects from various freelancing websites (e.g. Fiver, Upwork, etc.)
When you look around, there are many ways you can earn more income online. With the right steps, you can have a stream of online income coming your way.